After School Programs
We are pleased to announce our enhanced partenership with Commonpoint Queens (Formerly known as Samuel Field Y). They are pleased to offer the following after school program to expand student opportunity after their normal school schedule.
Learn & Earn Programformally known as ISY
Learn & Earn is a two year program beginning in the start of a students Junior Year. Participants engage in weekly workshops, college tours, SAT prep, leadership retreats and part time jobs. Enrollment begins in the end of a students 10th grade year and closes in early September. There is specific enrollment criteria in order to receive the funded services.
G.O.A.L.S ProgramGrab Opportunities and Learn Something Program
The G.O.A.L.S program is an after school enrichment program for 9th and 10th graders. G.O.A.L.S. aims to provide support and guidance as these students transition to high school. We work to instill essential life skills, work skills, college readiness skills and foster meaningful relationships amongst the students. G.O.A.L.S. is rolling enrollment and any 9th/10th grade student is welcome and encouraged to participate!
College Access programming is available to all QHST Students! It is never too early to start the college planning process. Please do not hesitate to refer any students interested or who need additional support! Support is available in Room 218 (College Office) with Elizabeth Gallo, College Access Counselor.
At A Glance Supportive College Access program provides assistance with:
- College Application support and preparation
- College essay, resume development and recommendation letter coaching
- Assistance with FAFSA completion, financial aid process and scholarship search
- Conduct a college search and compose a personalized college list
- Interview coaching
- Extracurricular and Internship Advisement
- Guidance in the college decision and signing process
- Assistance preparing for the transition to college
- and much MORE