Welcome to the
Queens High School of Teaching
"Different By Design"
At the Queens High School of Teaching, students receive so much more than an ordinary education. We pride ourselves on creating a unique, exciting environment that embraces all types of learners and promotes growth both academically and personally. Students and families are also welcomed into a dynamic and supportive community.
Interested in learning more about the Queens High School of Teaching? We invite you to keep exploring our website, and get in touch with questions about our values, academics, community and more.
News and Announcements
PSAT/SAT School Day Letter To Students & Families By Principal Corrado Posted: February 14, 2020
Dear Families and Students,
On March 4, 2020, all 10th grade students will take the PSAT exam and all 11th grade students will take the SAT exam, free-of-charge.
The PSAT is a practice exam designed to prepare students for the SAT. PSAT scores are not reported to colleges. The SAT is a college entrance exam. Students send their scores to schools of their choice. All students should create College Board accounts at collegeboard.org, prior to the exam administration.
Wednesday, March 4th:
- This is a non-instructional day for all 9th & 12th grade students. Students do not report to school.
- 10th grade students should report to school at 8:30 AM.
- 11th grade students should report to school at 8:15 AM.
- The exams are about four hours long. They will begin at 8:00 am and will end at approximately 12:00 pm (students with testing modifications will end at later times). Students will be dismissed from school at the conclusion of the exam. Following the exam, students can be given a bag lunch or may bring their own lunch and snacks from home. All students are encouraged to bring snacks from home, as this is a lengthy exam. Students with a testing accommodation of double time will complete the remainder of their exam on March 28th at 8:30 AM.
- All students who normally take a DOE school bus may have an earlier or later departure time from school. Please make necessary arrangements. If students who normally take a DOE school bus are approved by the College Board for extended testing time, we ask that if possible families make alternate pick-up arrangements following the exam. Our Transportation Liaison, Rose Kamitsis will be communicating with families to discuss arrangements. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Isaac Ernesto ASAP @ (718)736-7100 Ext 1174 or our Transportation Liaison, Rose Kamitsis at (718) 736-7100 ext. 1412.
- All students are required to bring photo ID, a printed copy of the Admissions ticket (for the SAT only), No. 2 pencils with soft erasers; no pens or mechanical pencils and an acceptable calculator. (https://sat.collegeboard.org/register/calculator-policy)
- Cell phones and other electronic devices, as with any other exam, are not permitted in the testing rooms. We recommend that students leave all of these devices at home. If students are in possession of these devices, even if they are powered off and stored in pockets, backpacks, and/or bags, their exam will be invalidated and they will get no score.
If you have any questions, please contact your community AP.
PE Department FundraiserPosted: January 02, 2020
The QHST PE department has ordered a limited quantity of hoodies for sale. They are charcoal grey with the tiger logo as shown in the attachment. Sizes small to 3XL. Cost is $35. All proceeds will go towards the purchase of much needed gym equipment. Payment in the form of cash, check or money order payable to QHST will be accepted. GET THEM WHILE ITS COLD!
Feb 17 - 21
Mid - Winter RecessSchool Closed
SAT School Day
PTA Bake Sale
Parent Teacher Conferences6:00pm - 8:30pm
½ Day12:30pm - 2:00pm
Parent Teacher Conferences12:30pm - 2:00pm
End of Marking Period 1